Supreme Court Library
The Supreme Court Library collection was established by Sir Redmond Barry in 1853 with the intention of creating a joint law library for judges and the legal profession of Victoria.
The Library is regarded as a library of national significance and the first port of call for legal scholars. It is one of the largest law collections in Victoria, containing over 120,000 volumes, including:
- law reports from all Australian and some international jurisdictions
- statutory material, textbooks, periodicals and reference materials
- manuscripts, diaries, photographs and other forms of legal memorabilia.
The Library is closed temporarily.