General services are described on the website, with limited services available to members of the public.
The legal practitioner portal gives access to legal research guides and information that will provide a greater understanding of how to use legal research tools, find legal information and understand the best ways to use research tools. Login to access the following resources:
- Advice on locating Victorian Unreported Judgments
- Information about locating Authorised Australian Reports
- Legislation sets which includes links to the most current / authorised Victorian legislation used in Victorian jurisdictions
- Guide to setting up and receiving alerts and information
- Foreign Law research guide
Members of the profession can access some subscriber-only publications and databases, including resources such as US and Canadian legislation and case law, and scholarly publications like the Current Issues in Criminal Justice.
This initiative expands access to this information to all Victorian legal practitioners who create a log-in account, reducing overheads and improving access to justice. It is a valuable addition for busy practitioners for whom a visit to the Library is not practical or timely, especially suburban and regional lawyers.
We send email updates when new content is added to the portal, as well as alerts to Library news, training and events you may find interesting. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Eligibility for registration includes:
1. Those who have paid a library fee on admission to practice as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Victoria; and
2. Those Australian Legal practitioners whose principal place of practice is in the State of Victoria, and are on the Local Legal Profession Register (subject to the practitioner continuing to remain on the Register).